Chocolate Art & Cake Decorating Retreat
A totally relaxing and fun day where you’ll learn lots of chocolate techniques and take home your delicious, opulently decorated 8 inch round celebration chocolate cake. Include a delicious French style lunch, a glass of Kir Royal, all equipment and ingredients you’ll need on the day. 1 full day.
What you’ll learn
- Making and trouble shooting chocolate ganache (and what it is)- including tips for dairy free ganache
- Creating decorations made out of printed chocolate (you’ll be making your own) – Perfect to create beautiful home made presents for your friends and family too
- Making your own modern “brush strokes” chocolate decorations
- Stacking, levelling and finishing a chocolate cake with a straight edge, modern ganache finish (demo)
- How to plan your cake design on paper to achieve different styles
- How to make beautiful chocolate flowers and foliage
- How to bling chocolate with lustres
NEXT CLASS DATE: Tuesday 24th April 2018 – 2 spaces left
(see below for booking instructions and prices)
Chocolate Painting Mini Class
This class includes teas/coffee/soft drinks, all equipment and ingredients you’ll need on the day.
What you’ll learn
- Create fun and beautiful hand painted chocolate items – perfect for handmade delicious gifts to friends and family
- How to use cocoa butter to paint on chocolate
- Techniques to successfully layer colours on each other
- Where to source your own chocolate moulds and chocolate for best results
- The importance of planning your own designs on paper first
- How to use the same techniques to create fun personalised chocolate bars
You’ll go home with your very own hand painted items, gift wrapped.
Chocolate painting classes are currently available on demand only (up 20 people per session – Fixed cost £400.00 for groups of less than. travel costs excluded.)
Very Fabuleuses classes – Bespoke –
available to group bookings of 8 people or more
A creative, fun and delicious solution for corporate events, innovative team building challenges or a Hen party/ Stag Do.
You could choose:
- Decorating cakes with organic edible flowers – learn to work with fresh, pressed and dried organic flowers; different arranging effects to create stunning celebration cakes; learn to cristallise flowers and petals ; we’ll also be working with seasonal herbs and biscuit decorating ideas
- Buttercream floral piping cake decorating – learn to make the lightest Swiss meringue buttercream; troubleshooting buttercream; pipping bags, nozzles and handy tips and tricks; tinting buttercream; pipping flowers and leaves; how to assemble them to create a wonderful celebration cake finish; and the handiest trick of the trade on what to do with leftover buttercream….voila!
- Tiered Boho Chic cakes decorating – create a 2 tier cake with a semi naked tier and a wavy buttercream finished tier, complete with chocolate ivy and trailing leaves, plus all the tips to structure a perfectly levelled and sturdy tiered cake. Perfect for Brides going down the DIY wedding route or friends and family who’s volunteered to make a wedding cake for someone. This tier cake style also makes a show stopping celebration or garden party cake
- The Great British Build Off Challenge – A perfect team building activity. The nature of the delicious build you’ll create can be tailored to your brand, a specific topic or event. The finished creations can even be delivered back to your office the next day.
Please contact Laure for a personalised proposal at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What time will the classes start and finish at? – Chocolate Art Cake Decorating Day Retreat- run from 10am until 4:30 pm. Chocolate Painting mini classes last 2 hours. Timings varied for each class. please refer to each individual class foor start and end times. Bespoke Experiences are tailored to your needs. They can run from 90 minutes to a full day.
How many people do you allow per class? – Chocolate Art Cake Decorating Day Retreat- maximum 12 people per class. Chocolate Painting mini classes – Maximum 20 people per class.
Is lunch included? – Your Chocolate Art Cake Decorating Day Retreat includes a delicious cold French lunch and a glass of Kir Royal (my favourite aperetif) as well as soft drinks, tea and coffee. Chocolate Painting mini classes include tea/coffee/soft drinks. For Bespoke Experiences I can organise catering for you too, through a network of great local suppliers.
Do I need to bring anything? – All equipment and ingredients are included. you might want to bring your favourite apron.
What level of baking/cake decorating do I need to have to attend? – All my classes are suitable for ALL levels.
Will I need to buy lots of specialise equipment to recreate what I have learnt at home? – Not at all. The aim of my classes are to show you fantastic chocolate decorating techniques you can achieve with your everyday kitchen equipment. You might decide to invest in a few handy accessories: I’ll give you a short list of 10 most useful items and handy suppliers details for those.
Where do the classes run? – The Chocolate Art Cake Decorating Day Retreats run from a gorgeous local venue in the countryside in West Sussex, with beautiful grounds you can explore at lunch time if the weather is nice enough. It might be handy to bring a pair of wellies or walking boots though if you fancy a stroll. The Chocolate Painting mini classes currently run from Ashington Community Centre. Bespoke experiences can be tailored to run at your office, house or venue of your choice
Any other questions? Get in touch by email or call Laure on 07766 188219.
Fabuleuses Classes need a Magical Venue…
Two Woods Estate
is the perfect place to learn and relax at the same time.
Here’s a sneak peek for you…
Can you imagine yourself there yet?
Learning something new,
taking a break from your routine,
meeting people who shares the same interest as you…
Feels good, doesn’t it?
A Bientot j’espere,
Laure, Chief Fairy x
Still not sure about it?
If you are not sure whether my Very Fabuleuses classes are for you, I’ve written a blog post specifically on that point. You might want to read it HERE. If you are still unsure, just drop me a line by email or give me a call on 07766 188219 and we can chat about it. I want each person coming to a class to have a brilliant time, so I’ll tell you after our chat if I don’t think it’s for you.
Chocolate Art Cake Decorating Day Retreat – £129.00 per person
Chocolate Painting Mini Class (2h) – £25.00 per person
Bespoke experiences – Please contact Laure for a personalised proposal
Gift vouchers available
Please note that your place needs to be paid in full at the time you book it. Bookings are non refundable once paid.